- The Harbor Kids’ Ministry needs to be birthed out of your intimacy with God. It’s not just 90 minute services, but a significant space to impact a generation of children for eternity.
- Demonstrate a passion for Jesus and His Kingdom through personal spiritual discipline and public ministry.
- Seek to grow in that relationship with Jesus through personal spiritual discipline, education, accountability, and service to his Kingdom.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development or Elementary Education (or equivalent work experience) preferred.
Experience: Minimum 1-2 years of leading children’s ministry preferred.
- Leadership / Team Building
- Outstanding leadership, team building, and communication skills
- Ability to continually recruit and train volunteers, organize and lead a large team, develop leaders, and delegate responsibilities
- Ability to create a culture of connection, accountability, and teamwork within the team that reflects the Core Values of HCC: Presence, Family, Generosity, Excellence
- Ministry & Curriculum Development
- Strong biblical knowledge and ministry skills
- Ability to develop innovative ways to create a supernatural culture and present the Gospel in a rapidly changing age-group that allows the church to continue to be on the cusp of cultural / technological developments.
- Ability to create and maintain an environment where kids are welcomed, known, loved, and taught the truths of God in a safe and fun atmosphere
- Ability to equip and empower kids to be used by God even at a young age
- Ability to develop community within families of the church, and offer support and resources to parents/guardians
- Proficient with computer programs such as word processing, spreadsheets, Planning Center, Google Docs, and so forth
- Understand financials and maintain positive department budget
- Maintain strong vision for HCC Kids that reflects the vision of HCC
- Develop and execute a strategic ministry plan for nursery through grade 6, which includes service planning, curriculum, activities, events, and so forth
- Provide children with a solid biblical framework and impart a love for God
- Identify, recruit, train, and empower volunteer leaders
- Ensure proper staffing and resources are made available to all age groups
- Offer pastoral care, encouragement, and support to children, families, and volunteers
- Maintain strategies for reaching and assimilating new children and families
- Other Expectations:
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Attend and participate in Easter, Christmas, Connection Track, ministry launches, and other church wide events
- Maintain and encourage church-school relationship